Work With Us
We’d love to have you join our team! Please use the form below to apply. Feel free to send in your resume even if you don't see the position you're looking for listed.
We’re Hiring for a FOH Manager
FOH Manager Position:
This FOH Manager Position will work closely with the General Manager and Chef in running all daily operations, with a focus on Front of House activities at our 9 plus year, chef driven, Laotian Restaurant in TriBeCa. This includes, nightly dinner service, afternoon lunch/brunch service, and assisting in overseeing our brisk corporate lunch catering business. Daily bookkeeping entries and weekly banking activities are also part of your responsibilities. Our ideal candidate will be crucial in exacting the high standards of service and hospitality our staff and patrons have come to expect, have a strong work ethic, an open availability, a drive to succeed and a good sense of humor. In addition, our ideal candidate will be flexible, professional, and resourceful and above all have a positive attitude. This position also has opportunities to creatively influence the wine program, and assist in managing the sake, specialty cocktail, and spirits program. In return we will provide the ideal candidate with both the encouragement and opportunities for growth within our restaurant family as we have recently opened a 2nd restaurant, dhom at 505 E 12th st. East Village. We also provide competitive salary packages, paid vacations, 5 day a week work schedule (typical work week is Thur. 10:30am to 8:30pm, Fri. 10:30am to 9pm, Sat. 10:30am to 9pm, Sun. 10:30am to 10:30pm, Mon. 10:30am to 10:30pm, Tues. & Wed. off) and a 50% discount at our sister restaurant.
FOH Manager Position Requirements:
• Full-service restaurant management experience a must in addition to strong hospitality skills. Preferably experience; at least 2 prior managerial jobs in NYC over the last 5 years. At least three years prior experience as a manager in NYC and at least five years in the restaurant business.
• Strong leadership, communication and organizational skills. Ability to lead by example and manage varying personalities both efficiently and equitably.
• Hands-on experience hiring, training, and development of FOH employees.
• Proven ability to increase sales and build a strong rapport with neighborhood guests.
• Ability to manage and maintain high levels of food quality, hygiene, and consistency.
• NYC DOH Food Protection Certification. We have had an A grade for all 9 years in operation. You will be responsible for holding the A grade with us.
• Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Numbers, and Pages experience required.
• Lead daily staff meeting.
• Friendly & personable
• Clear communication and strong organization skills
• Detailed orientated & Self-motivated
• Hands-on hiring, training, and development of FOH employees.
• Ability to increase sales and build a strong rapport with the neighborhood guests.
• Experience maintaining high levels of food quality, hygiene, and consistency.
• Works well with kitchen management.
• Ordering, scheduling, and beverage tastings.
• Open availability is a must.
• Maitre’d experience (Open Table and Resy proficient) and or a Culinary degree is a plus.
About us Khe-Yo:
Chef / Owner Soulayphet Schwader’s 85-seat restaurant with a 10-seat bar in TriBeCa specializing in shared-style Laos cuisine. Our business partner is Iron Chef Marc Forgione. We opened in 2013. We service both lunch and dinner seven days a week with hours of operation typically between 11am—4:30pm and 5:30pm—10:30pm. Additionally, we cater corporate lunches 1-3 days a week. We typically do approximately 175 covers on weekend nights and about 35 to 80 covers for lunch/brunch each day. Weekday nights are typically between 60 to 120 covers a night. Our beverage program consists of Japanese sake, global wines, Southeast Asian and local beers as well as a full bar and carefully crafted specialty cocktails. We currently utilize Breadcrumb/POS and Open Table. For more information please visit our website at www.Khe-Yo.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not base employment decisions on an applicant’s race, sex, sexual orientation, age, color, national origin, citizenship, disability, handicap, veteran status, or any other factor prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Khe-Yo is handicap accessible.
Starting at $52,000 a year (more experienced candidates can garner up to $64,000 a year), plus paid vacation after one year continuous employment. Reviews for raises every 3 to 6 months.